Do and Don't
- Try and get the best sound out of the gear that you have available to you. That's pretty simple
- Get the best artwork that you can "afford" so you can present your project well.
- Promote, Promote, Promote and then Promote some more.
- Find places that will allow you to perform so you can do #3 over and over again.
- Collaborate with other artists, labels and any events to help you get exposure by using their crowds.
- spend your entire budget on recording in a fancy studio and not have anything left to get the product finished.
- spend all your time in the *studio* , especially if you are the artist. You are the product so people need to see you.
- spend money on any get famous quick or get 1000 guaranteed bds spins for x amount of money without checking out the source. The keyword in Shortcut is Short which that's how you will be.
- get yourself booked at places that you can't get there and back on your own.
- assume that anyone will sign you and work harder for you than you work for yourself.